February 27, 2019 - London, England
Foundation Standards Visitor Workshop
Location: ACS Egham International School
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (9:00 - 16:00)
A one-day workshop for NEASC school administrators/leaders interested in serving as a NEASC Foundation Standards Visitor.
The NEASC Accreditation journey begins with the Foundation Standards Visit – a compliance-oriented review of a school’s alignment with 5 Foundation Standards, including checking documentation and verifying practices during an onsite 2-day school visit that also prepares a school for the next stage in the accreditation process. In the 2018-2019 academic year, NEASC is conducting 33 such visits in schools across the globe.
Not to be confused with ACE Visitor training, the Foundation Standards Visitor training focuses not on the 10 Learning Principles of ACE Learning but on the 5 gatekeeper foundations of NEASC Accreditation:
- Learning Structure
- Organizational Structure
- Health, Safety, and Security
- Finance, Facilities, and Resources
- Ethical Practice
Registration Deadline: February 20, 2019
Workshop Fee(s): $180 USD (Refreshments and lunch provided)
Limitation: Maximum 40 participants
This hands-on workshop is designed to:
- train administrators and school leaders to conduct Foundation Standards visits and to complete the Foundation Standards Report
- present likely scenarios that Foundation Visitors will face
- guide prospective Visitors on reviewing and assessing a school’s foundations
- introduce attendees to the ACE Learning Accreditation framework and the next stages of NEASC Accreditation
ACE expects Foundation Standards Visitors to:
- be excellent writers and communicators in English
- have solid knowledge of and experience in reviewing school operations including finances
- have held a leadership or administrative position at an international school
- exercise a high degree of discretion and professionalism
Following the workshop, participants will be asked to submit additional materials to ensure their readiness to conduct Foundation Standards Visits on behalf of NEASC.
Jeff Bradley, Director, NEASC/CIE
ACS Egham International School
Assembly Room - Mansion House
London Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0HS, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1784 430800
NEASC reserves the right to cancel or postpone workshops due to low enrollment, in which case all registered attendees will be promptly notified. Refunds will only be issued for workshops canceled by NEASC.